Thursday 9 March 2017

More News

I've had a an exciting week with my article being published by the Epilepsy Society. Writing keeps me sane when I can't get out and about.

I saw the consultant on Tuesday and I have been diagnosed with....deep breath...epilepsy, narcolepsy, cataplexy, tourettes and possibly postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome! Not much then! He believes at some point in my life I had an infection which affected the membranes around the brain cells. This caused the cells to misfire and the result is all this crazy action in my brain. It's a lot to take in but now we can treat the symptoms. I always suspected I had a misfiring brain! Now we can crack on with treating it.

Thanks to everyone who shared my article yesterday. It feels great to know I can do some good while being stuck at home. I really appreciate your lovely comments too so a big thank you xx

No comments:

Post a Comment