Sunday 2 October 2016

10 Reasons to Love Facebook

There's so much negativity about Facebook and social media and how it stops you having "proper" relationships. I couldn't disagree more so here is some Facebook love. Ten good reasons why we should love Facebook...

1) As someone who is unable to get out and about much social media is my lifeline. I can chat to my friends on the sofa and have a good laugh. I can have drinking competitions while watching Strictly and put the world to rights without leaving my bedroom. It has saved my sanity on many occasions this year.

2) I have 366 friends with 366 different opinions. Instead of deleting people for having a different opinion to you why don't we take the time and listen to what they have to say? Failing that spam them with a passive aggressive meme.

3) I have friends in Japan, Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand, France, Switzerland, Belgium, USA, Canada and one travelling the world in a camper van! I've learnt so much about different cultures from them and love to see their photos of different parts of the world. I can chat to people all over the world and not lose touch just because they are in a different country.

4) I can update everyone i know in one easy status. Frankly I'm just lazy and if i can just post it on Facebook I will.

5) I can say things I wouldn't be able to say in person. Yesterday I read about the death of a baby boy and was able to offer my condolences. If it wasn't for Facebook I wouldn't have been able to reach out and offer support. It helped me hugely after losing Charlie and it gives me the opportunity to do the same for others.

6) My kids are hilarious and where else would I share my anecdotes??

7) As above but with pictures. Print them off and put them in frames?? Who has time for that?? If I take a selfie it's because it's the first time in weeks I have looked vaguely human. We must celebrate this miracle.

8) Memories - the good, the bad and the ugly. They usually give me a good laugh and that's what it's all about.

9) I'm nosey. I admit it. I want to know if you have split up with your boyfriend, moved house, pregnant etc etc. Even if I haven't seen you for 30 years.

10) Facebook debates are my all time favourite sport. Whether it's Brexit, Strictly or Americanisms I enjoy a good banter. It keeps my brain working and I'm open to changing my mind on issues. Well apart from Brexit, guns and Aidan Turner.

So there you go, ten reasons to love Facebook. I'll be writing for Buzzfeed before you know it ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment