Saturday 10 September 2016

Alarmed and Dangerous

I've been slacking on this blogging business this week. I had social services round on Wednesday to talk about alarms and on Friday they came to fit them. I have one round my wrist which connects to a central system so if I have a fall I can press it and somebody will come to help or send an ambulance. They also fitted smoke alarms which connect to the same system. I did point out that my method of cooking usually involves the smoke alarm going off but apparently this isn't a problem! Also slightly concerning is the big red button now attached to my wrist. I have a nine year old, a four year old and a husband obsessed with pressing buttons so I can see this being a problem! The kids have had a practise so they know what to do in an emergency.

I've managed to go out for a coffee and have lunch out this week. I had six falls on Friday morning so gave up for the day and went back to bed. Emily has absolutely loved school and is desperate to go back next week. One more week of half days and then she can go full days which will make things easier.

I reached 5,000 hits to this blog this week so i'm really happy with that! With Charlie's blog I spend a lot of time promoting it so it gets lots of hits. I'm really pleased my new little blog is getting lots of visitors too so thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment