Friday 21 April 2017

Meningitis

Meningitis. It's a word you've heard me use many times but this time it's about me not Charlie. My Neurologist and my Neuropsychiatrist believe all my problems stem from an infection. My Neuropsychiatrist in particular believes it is from meningitis. Meningitis I hear you ask? The very same meningitis that killed your son? Well no not exactly. It was probably viral meningitis and I didn't even know I had it. How can you not know you had it? Are you stupid? Well it's probably best we don't answer that one but yes it's perfectly possible to have it and not know. What are the chances of two people in the same family having meningitis? Slim but hey we don't do things by halves in this family!

So how do you cope with having the after effects of something that killed your baby? Well the truth is I'm relieved. Firstly to have an indication why I'm so ill and secondly to feel just a little part of what Charlie went through. It bonds us even more and something else we share. I want to share his suffering as any mother would. There is something poetic in us both going through something similar. He will help me fight this and now I have several causes to fight. Bring them on!

No comments:

Post a Comment