Friday, 16 September 2016

A Cock Free Week

The good news is I have gone a whole week without shouting anything! No cocks all week! The bad news I tried to walk to school today (hanging on to the wheelchair) but ended up falling when I got home. I really want to make that journey without any falls so it was a bit disappointing. As long as I stay in the wheelchair I seem to be ok but once I start pushing myself I fall. It's so frustrating.

I've been out for breakfast this week which was lovely. Still trying to get out a bit more and see people. Always open to offers! I can only do one thing per day so as long as I don't have any appointments I can go out for a bit.

The kids have done brilliant impressions of me wobbling and falling today. Do you remember the book "Mrs Wobble the Waitress"? It was a bit like that. Actually anyone that knew me at uni probably wouldn't notice much difference! Bit unsteady on my feet, slurred speech etc. Just without the fun bits!

Next week I have an epilepsy appointment so another trip out of the house. How exciting! This time last year I was on a beach in Majorca sunning myself and now I look forward to hospital appointments! I'm determined to get my life back and start walking properly again. At least we've cured the shouting so that's a good start. Onwards and upwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment